Safe Blogging Rules:
We have a few simple guidelines that we need to keep to in order to keep yourself safe when blogging.
- Children are to only use their first name when commenting. (You should also do this on other websites. Always use a nickname, not your real name. e.g. FootyBoy123)
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Albert’s Mum” or “Juliet's Grandfather”.
- Always be respectful of other people's work - be positive if you are going to comment.
- All posts should relate to school life and should not include any personal details or information about individual pupils, staff, parents or carers.
- No text talk - write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting.
Learning about staying safe on-line is very important. We have a set of SMART rules which the children are expected to follow at home and in school to make sure they stay safe on-line. At East Oxford Primary School our pupils are aware of some of the risks to safety that are on-line and what to do to stay safe. These rules can be viewed in the poster above and these rules are sent out to all of our children annually and should be followed when using all kinds of technology such as mobile phones, games consoles and home computers.